The Three Dimensions of Health and Well Being
Received Date: Jan 17, 2017 / Accepted Date: Feb 02, 2018 / Published Date: Feb 05, 2018
When discussing the meaning of ‘measuring health’, it is important to understand what health means. Therefore, according to World Health Organisation, WHO (1948), “Health can be defined as a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, not merely the absence of disease and infirmity” . This definition indicates that it is really important to know the overall individual’s current health and wellbeing status by considering all three dimensions of health that is physical, mental and social health. When focusing on the importance of measuring health from a public health and health promotion point of view, it is important to highlight the definition of public health. “Public health is the science and art of promoting and protection health and well-being, preventing ill-health and prolonging life through the organized efforts of society . Therefore, measuring and understanding the health of individuals is very important, as it helps to keep people healthy and live longer, preventing and curing the disease by identifying and introducing the best intervention program which will work for the specific person.
Physical health can be defined as the proper functioning of all the external and internal parts and organs of the person’s body which allows the person to perform the daily tasks normally without any limitation . Good mental health means a person should be able to understand the potential, can manage the general and normal life stresses, can be able to participate in the society, and can be able to work effectively . Well-being can be explained as a positive feeling which a person experiences in the absence of ill health. It is connected with the accomplishment of an individual’s own goals and by achieving these goals, the individual feels well and good . Social health can be defined as how the person is able to interact with people for example friends, family and society. When a person is socially healthy, it helps him or her to develop relationships with other people and to make new friends in society. It also helps the people in career and enable them to live independently in their adult life [6-24].
- World Health Organisation (2006)东莞公积金贷款首套二套首付均需四成
- The UK’s Faculty of Public Health (2010) What is public health.
- Normalbreathing.com (2001) Physical health definition and simple body oxygeb DIY test.
- World Health Organisation (2017)“成都制造”油漆涂料首次直接出口非洲
- Naidoo J, Wills J (2016) Foundations for health promotion, (4th edn) London.
- The Den (2000) Friends and relationships.
- Firth L (2010) Smoking and health. Cambridge: Independence.
- GOV.UK (2016) The eat well guide.
- GOV.UK (2011)涂料产业链倒闭潮将至：是人品问题还是资金链问题？
- Get Berkshire active (2017)毛盛勇：降税减费政策将对制造业增长形成政策支撑
- GOV.UK (2017)房地产逆袭短期无望 投资恢复仍需时日
- GOV.UK (2013)机构：明年监管力度加大 楼市成交量将少于今年
- Helpguide.org (2017)摇号购房城市扩至8个 “万人摇号”抢房的现象或还会再现
- Mental health foundation (2017)京东家居事业部出海 能否扛起另一半天？
- Mind (2013)暗扣房源 上海3人私下加价售房被刑拘
- NHS Choice (2016) Stop smoking treatments.
- NHS Choices (2017) How to deal with stress.
- NHS Choices (2015)定制家具正陷入低利润“陷阱
- National heart, lung and blood institute (2000)个人所得税法修正案草案全文公布 向社会公开征求意见
- Public Health England (2015)杭州农村住房可办不动产权证了
- Public Health England (2016) NHS population screening explained.
- Slough clinical commissioning group (2016) Locality profile.
- (2015)三大指数翻红收涨 粤港澳大湾区概念多股回调
- Warwick (2015)房产中介乱象：一套照片成多套房源共用＂实景＂
Citation: Khan R, Qureshi MSH (2018) The Three Dimensions of Health and Well Being. J Community Med Health Educ 8: 586. DOI: 10.4172/2161-0711.1000586
Copyright: © 2018 Khan R, et al. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author and source are credited.
Share This Article
After months have passed without a culprit in her daughter's murder case, Mildred Hayesmakes a bold move, painting three signs leading into her town with a controversial message directed at William Willoughby, the town's revered chief of police. When his second-in-command Officer Dixon, an immature mother's boy with a penchant for violence, gets involved, the battle between Mildred and Ebbing's law enforcement is only exacerbated.London, UK
- Total views: 13913
- Breakdown by view type
- HTML page views: 13581
- PDF downloads: 332